TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

So you're a feminist huh, that means you hate men?

A guy once asked me on our first date, "You're not a femi-nazi are you?" in response to me saying I do gender studies at my university. WELP nice knowing ya, thanks for breakfast.

But really though, the misconception about what modern feminism is so distorted by the male dominated media complex. It makes me really sad, to the point that I wouldn't identify myself as a feminist for the longest time. 
I'm not a man hater, I most certainly am not some format of a female dominating 'nazi'.
True gender equality benefits both men and women, I am a strong believe in that.
I actually quite like (some) men. I just make them show me what they can do in the kitchen first.
So take your female sandwich joke and shove it down your sexist throat kindly. 

Always dreaming of Italy and the love I found there, sweet dreams babes <3 Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment