TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Dream of You & Me/ Future Islands

When I was in inpatient treatment one of the hardest things for me was not having any access to music for two weeks. Listening to music has always been a coping mechanism of mine, especially during that time of high stress because my flashbacks were so persistent, plentiful and overwhelming. 
I printed out pages of lyrics after fighting the Dr about my right to access my Ipod when I was in panic mode. This was one of those songs that has become my mantra- 
I asked myself for peace. 
When things got scary I danced to these lyrics in my head or sung aloud Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah. 
It's also my favorite music video/stop motion art of all time.
I was also known for solving my anxiety and bad moods (or really anything at all) by hula hooping in the hallways of our hospital wing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment