TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A fresh face for a Victim-filled War

My story is not a one-of-a-kind trick or tale; just as "the real problem" that has brought me to this present place in recovery is really  NOT just my problem ALONE. What became problematic was the way this societal-ill affected my mindset, my lines of reasoning, my short attention span, my altruistic thinking and more so the negative, demeaning conception of SELF that began at 5 years- old & led me to think I would be misunderstood all of my life.
What I needed was my trust in god, the world, and humanity restored. I dreamt of being able to trust someone enough that I could make the choice to love them. And picking someone who is deserving of my love, because I've had to re-teach myself that love can be a beautiful thing and it doesn't always have to feel so scary and unpredictable. There are and will be friends who accept me for who I really am, and that means ALL of me. The pieces I thought were broken, too fucked to function; parts of my soul too forgotten and plentiful to mention were buried under layers and layers of "I AM UNLOVABLE" "UNWANTED" "WORTHLESS" "DISGUSTING"... we'll stop there for now.
I am a fresh face for a victim-filled war.
unwanted criminals, too familiar to see
vast in numbers, professions, obsessions galore
we build up this bonified man of society
who never feels he is getting enough of the most important thing in life,
LOVE,
not wanted by his wife
so he stepped upon me
and wrote with his fingers
'the man' across my forehead
and he played the lady, the tramp.
He made the decisions, my decisions, my rights,
were played with to toil and tightness.
-I can't stand on my feet, I am too scared to breathe. This body can't be mine forever-
In moments, second unmeasured, things were gone from inside me
a child didn't know couldn't be replaced.
I can't even recognize love when it lies in my lap
without hearing the liar who ate my homework;
and finished me for his second plate, ate me for his midday snack, midnight snack and all the munching in between
my feet failed to take root beneath me. how could they? How could I? Who was there to trust?"
dissociative writ//Dane 5:40 11/30/14

No comments:

Post a Comment