TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

never tell

my art is about what people don’t talk about.
what is swept under the rug.
what I never wanted to talk about.
what I spent my whole life trying to tell myself,
wasn’t real,
wasn’t important,
wasn’t meaningful
or was’t worth anything.
I wasn’t worth anything.

life after the violation of childhood rape
that is my 'story' to tell
it’s not a secret anymore, something I must share
for the sake of women and girls everywhere.
I can’t bring a baby into the world knowing
I had the most amazing mom in my world
and the neighbor down the street
still molested and had his way with me.

It’s 2015 and I can make a name for myself
as an artist, as a creator, feminist and as an 
advocate for this 
invisible war.

Giving a voice to voiceless,
the countless, 

victims of childhood sexual assault. 

No comments:

Post a Comment