TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"L-O-V-E, Hey that's spells LOVE!"

Love is not always kind.
Love is home,
Love is honesty.
Love is HOPE!

Love is not a game,
Love is not a joke!
No winners or losers;
Love is not always remote.
It is not removable,
renewable,
chewable? jew-able?

It's natural.
It's the sweet song you're meant to sing
into the solace and silence of your lover's inner ears,
as they sway you in your arms,
and you are surrounded in the presence of L-O-V-E.
Hear all that is honest in my voice.
Confidence is a human display.
A showdown between 'right' and 'wrong',
the 'humane' and the 'queer'.

I wasn't born this way,
nor did the men who hurt me,
make me this way.
I am the 'maker',
the Creator of my own destiny,
and I will not let you enshadow my desire with the darkness of your guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment