TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I made one best friend in college

~An Atypical Love Poem~

I want to know more,
spend a moment or a million
immersed in you,
mothering you
and loving you.
And all that grows and flourishes in you,
in the love and the light of the Lord.

You're light on your feet.
You love to dance,
you'd let anyone know.
You don't care who's looking,
and I couldn't stop looking even if I tried.

Your smile flirts with those parts of me that still feel soft.
You've become like a fairy who flits and flutters
in and out of my dreams as she pleases.
I'm always trying to get closer
to the clone I create in my dreams,
who I try to kiss and run amiss with,
naked, wild and free.

You're a creator,
and I honor all that you choose to create.
I'm getting caught up in my conscious
that can't let go of these high hopes my dreams bring up.

I just want to show you,
how out of this world being connected can be.
That woman to woman,
that connection is no less brilliant or deep
as a man to his woman.
I don't expect you to be anything you're not,
or feel anything you don't.
I just want to lie beside you,
lock eyes with you,
lock lips with you,
and even if it's just for a little
I hope I can make this world seem a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment