TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Raison d'etre--Reason for Being

The reason behind my creating this blog is to monitor the progress of my next RAPE CULTURE ZINE and motivate others to contribute and raise awareness about this topic in small, everyday ways or by artistic expression. My first ZINE was called "ASKING FOR IT" it was done for a Women Studies Final, the original will eventually be at Carnegie Oakland Library and scanned online. The topics I hope to address in my next ZINE cover the complex issues of the gender spectrum, including masculinity as aggression and femininity as submission; body image, queer sexuality and sexual violence, proper sexual education---and the repercussions of the America's 'Culture of Sex' that allow child and sexual abuse to proliferate and continue everyday in this county. Namastae & Goodnight (hopefully) <3
My lovely best buddeh Karen has done some sketches for the new Cover ETA pre-2015..:)
a sample of my sad Natty Boh man (of course for Baltimore Pride)


No comments:

Post a Comment