TRIGGER WARNING

**TRIGGER WARNING**This blog contains subject matter that could very well be triggering for some as it covers childhood sexual abuse and rape culture. My intention is to raise awareness and encourage other victims to let their voices be heard, NOT to offend, attention-seek, name call, blame or point fingers.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story.

Friday, March 27, 2015

VI. Learning to Live with Sexual Trauma

ART isn't about doing something right or wrong.
it's about taking a piece of yourself
and allowing it to be more open
than
its ever been.
open /or/ out of the closet
means to be open to criticism,
open to praise,
open to the public's interpretation;
but persisting in pride .
Being proud of the artist that you are.

to explore RAPE in a artistic sense means
to take that which someone treated as meaningless, disregarded as invisible
and make it passionate,
expressive, emotional, rich
turn your pain into passions
& stop ripping out pages
that didn't begin the way you wanted
Lines that weren't straight enough,
circles that aren't whole enough.
How could words express that which I'm too afraid to feel,
the rooms too dark to see.
<3 
There's an unhealthy form of love,
lust lost in time;
spilling emptiness,
imposing upon someone who isn't
you
isn't yours to call on and
turn my life into a matter;
So shadowed by your choices,
my decisions you took from me;
the choice to love!
When will I love?
How i will love?
What does love mean to me?

Am I to live my life as a traumatized child?
Because I tell you,
I tried being normal and it didn't work
you could say, "I'm insane, I'm queer, I'm gay"
but I wasn't born this way
I was made this way,
by a man
who took parts of me
that were too vulnerable,
too afraid to ask for help;
that left a poison too perplexing to process.
Even I blamed the victim when the victim was me.

Who were you to take what's not yours?
& How could you be so mean?
As to take what is birthed pure
and manipulate it into something,
so heinous, so un-pure 
that in the 21st century we still can't speak its name,
molestation matters.
Kids needing words whose ability to speak
has been kidnapped.
Those with no rights, those who are little in this country, depend on bigger voices.
No physical property except their
own hearts and heads.
Children need us.
Children need us to be heard.

Child rape is real,
a reality that is re-occurring
and continues to occur
because we don't SAY ANYTHING about it.
We don't want to hear about it.
You most certainly won't want to talk about it.
It's so dirty you'll tell lie after lie;
To keep yourself sane.
Sane is singing the lies you were taught
like you don't know any better!

It's been hard work,
harder than I ever thought I could work,
to KNOW ONLY WHAT I KNOW
AND TO BE ONLY WHO I CAN BE

No one can take away my sense of knowing..
You cannot take away my truth,

And tell me it just takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment